Anesthesiology - Full Time Teaching Faculty Anesthesiologist - Sayre, PA
Dreaming of the perfect practice, training the next generation of Anesthesiologist while maintaining an exceptional work life balance?
Guthrie is Seeking an academic anesthesiologist to work supervising and teaching Anesthesiology Residents 100% of the time.
Excellent physicians and advanced practitioners choose Guthrie because of a shared commitment to our community and to each other. The Guthrie clinic was founded on the principle that people in small towns deserve the same access to high quality medical care as those in big cities. Non-profit and physician-led, we deliver on that promise through an integrated health care delivery system caring for patients across the Twin Tiers of New York and Pennsylvania. Our focus on our patients and quality care has never wavered.
Guthrie’s Robert Packer Hospital-based anesthesia department provides support for various specialties, including oncologic surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, vascular surgery, neurosurgery, trauma (Level II), orthopedics (regional anesthesia blocks), plastic surgery, otorhinolaryngology (including pediatrics), labor and delivery, gynecology, urology, gastroenterology, ophthalmology, interventional radiology, cardiology, and pulmonary medicine.
We are glad you are interested in joining our team.
To start the conversation and learn more about Guthrie email, call or text Stefano Ringer, Physician and APP Recruiter, Guthrie Medical Group. email@example.com or call at 607.426.6009 (cell).
Highlights of the Position
- 100% of the time supervising and training Anesthesiology Residents and Medical Students
- Hours are a regular 5 day (40 hour) work week, Monday through Friday.
- New Anesthesiology Residency Program started July 2020
- 18 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Robust EHR used in all areas, including operating room (EPIC 10-Star health system, top 1% of EPIC Organizations)
- Anesthesia Department manages OR schedule, providing the necessary structure for a smooth, efficient workday
Work Life Balance
- NO CALL
- Generous Paid Time Off annually, in addition to holidays and sick time.
Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits
- Adjusted salary and bonus structure.
- Full benefits including medical, dental and disability insurance.
- Malpractice/Liability Insurance with Tail Coverage
- Guthrie Retirement Savings Plan (403B) with employer match and age-based contributions.
- Allowance for licensure fees, Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) certificate, and renewals.
- $10,000 referral bonus if you refer a physician that we hire on a full-time basis.
- Academic appointment to Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Meeting time – 14 days with options for home study
- $3,400 annually for conference registration, certifications, membership fees for specialty specific medical societies
- Relocation expenses paid
- Trailing spouse placement assistance available
- Physician professional and social special interest groups
- Dedicated on-boarding specialist and provider services team to ensure a successful start at Guthrie
About the Area
This region offers breathtaking natural beauty and provides a quiet, safe environment for families with beautiful homes and neighborhoods. With plenty of cultural and sports activities of its own, Guthrie's central location affords the benefits of dining, shopping, culture and recreation in small cities and communities, with easy access to big cities like New York and Philadelphia.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York. Our multi-specialty group practice of more than 325 physicians and 210 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities. Guthrie Physicians and Advanced Practitioners provide more than 1 million patient visits per year to enhance the health and well-being of those we serve within an environment of compassion, learning and discovery.