Guthrie Awards Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarships
A total of 14 scholarships were awarded in Guthrie’s Annual Health Professions and Employee Scholarship Programs.
Four scholarships were given to children of Guthrie employees with no restrictions on academic career interest, while the 10 scholarships were given to students throughout the region whose academic endeavors will be directly related to health care. All students will receive $650 a year for four years for undergraduate studies. This year’s winners are listed below.
Children of Guthrie Employees Scholarships:
- Kymani Getfield, Cortland High School, son of Cherice Francis (Medical Technician, Guthrie Cortland Medical Center)
- Kevin Reasons, Horseheads High School, son of Mary (Kerri) Reasons (SER Coordinator, Guthrie Sayre)
- Alexa Sitzer, Sayre High School, daughter of Kari Sitzer (Senior Accountant, Guthrie Sayre) and Jeffrey Sitzer (Cook, Robert Packer Hospital)
- Julia Strife, Horseheads High School, daughter of Allison Strife (Manager, Employee & Labor Relations – Guthrie Corning Hospital) and John Strife (Occupational Therapist, Guthrie Home Health of NY)
Guthrie Health Professions Scholarships:
- Aubrey Akins, Waverly High School
- Tia Baldwin, Sullivan County High School
- Catherine Brown, Wyalusing Area High School
- Makenna Galvin, Athens Area High School
- Evelyn Kim, Ithaca High School
- Luke Murray, Horseheads High School
- Siddharth Nippani, Vestal High School
- Enzo Ottaviani, Towanda Area High School
- Annabella Regan, Maine-Endwell High School
- Owen Walker, Corning-Painted Post High School
Thank you to all the Guthrie Scholarship Committee members, employees, participating schools and communities for their help in making this year’s program a success.
Guthrie is a non-profit integrated health system located in north central Pennsylvania and upstate New York, serving patients from a twelve-county service area. Guthrie is comprised of four hospitals, including Guthrie Robert Packer Hospital in Sayre, Pa., with a campus in Towanda, Pa., Guthrie Corning Hospital in Corning, N.Y., Guthrie Troy Community Hospital in Troy, Pa., and Guthrie Cortland Medical Center in Cortland, N.Y., along with a research institute and home care/hospice. Guthrie’s multi-specialty group practice of more than 365 physicians and 300 advanced practice providers offers 47 specialties through a regional office network providing primary and specialty care in 22 communities in Pennsylvania and New York. In addition, Guthrie offers home medical equipment and respiratory therapy products at seven convenient Med Supply Depot locations and provides a wide range of services and programs to enhance the health and well-being of those it serves.