The Donald Guthrie Foundation provides support for Investigators (Clinicians, Fellows, Residents) who are developing a research project. Investigators should begin their process by contacting the Research & Education Coordinator, Vicky Hickey at Vicky.Hickey@guthrie.org to learn more about support services for research at Guthrie.
The Foundation services include support for:
- Turning a research idea into a research hypothesis
- Writing a protocol for IRB submission
- Determining what type of data to collect and what source of data to use
- Requesting data from the electronic medical record
- Calculating sample size
- Statistical consulting
- Assisting with posting projects to clinicaltrials.gov
- Developing a study proposal for a grant
- Navigating the IRB requirements for review
- Reviewing abstracts and manuscripts prior to submission
Additionally, the team of clinical research RNs and Coordinators provide support for project management including: recruiting subjects, assisting with the consent process and participant study visits, collecting data and conducting study quality assurance reviews.