|Important Vaccination Phase Information|
We understand that you may be anxious to get your vaccine. Guthrie is consistently requesting vaccine doses from both New York and Pennsylvania to plan clinics. In addition to Guthrie’s vaccine clinics held in Sayre, Pa., we are collaborating with partners in a number of ways to bring vaccines to our communities:
In addition, Guthrie primary care locations in Pennsylvania have received allotments of vaccine, which has been administered to elderly patients and others determined by physicians to be most ill or frail.
Eligibility for the vaccine currently differs between New York and Pennsylvania. While clinics in Pennsylvania may vaccinate New York residents, the same is not true in New York.
- New York eligibility information is available here.
- Pennsylvania eligibility information is available here.
In New York, hospitals must focus on the 1A population. 1B essential workers in New York should reach out to their local health department for vaccination information. For community clinics led by the NYS Department of Health, registration will be available on the NYS DOH website. Additional information about vaccine availability in New York's Southern Tier can be found at southerntiervax.org.
Vaccine cost at Guthrie
Effective January 21, Guthrie will bill your health insurance for the COVID vaccine administration fee. No payment is collected at the time of vaccination. Uninsured patients may receive this vaccine at no cost. Please provide your current insurance information. Medicare, Medicaid, and most commercial health plans will pay for the COVID vaccine services at no cost to the patient (plans may vary).
Signing up for eGuthrie
Appointments will be required to receive your COVID-19 vaccination at a Guthrie location and the fastest way to schedule is online through eGuthrie. If you don’t have an eGuthrie account yet, signing up is easy at eGuthrie.org. We encourage you to set up your eGuthrie account now, in anticipation of scheduling your appointment.
Need eGuthrie help?
eGuthrie assistance is available by calling 855-348-eGuthrie (855-348-8474).
Adult children may access their parent’s eGuthrie account in two ways:
- Patients may share their record by navigating to the Share My Record section of eGuthrie and choosing Friends and Family Access.
- Adult children with Power of Attorney may request access to their parent’s eGuthrie account as a proxy. Learn more
Stay safe, while you wait for your vaccination.
While you wait for your vaccination, we encourage you to continue to be safe, create your eGuthrie account so you’re ready to schedule your appointment when available, and take precautions each day to stay healthy including:
- Wearing a mask
- Social distancing by at least 6 feet (2 arm lengths)
- Washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Using alcohol-based hand sanitizer when soap and water is not available
- Disinfecting highly touched surfaces
- Avoiding large crowds and interaction with anyone who is sick
- Staying home when you’re sick, except to seek medical care
Questions about the COVID-19 vaccine?
Get answers for commonly asked questions about the COVID-19 vaccine through the Centers for Disease Control.
- Moderna Vaccine Information Sheet
- Pfizer Vaccine Information Sheet
- What to expect after getting a COVID-19 vaccine
Don’t delay care if you’re sick.
Guthrie facilities are maintaining strict guidelines to protect your health through all recommended cleaning and safety guidelines. We urge you to seek care if you become sick and to keep your appointments as your health is, as always, our number one priority. If you have any health concerns, please reach out to your doctor and ask if a virtual visit is right for you.
Guthrie will continue to fight alongside our communities, and we thank you for your efforts throughout 2020, and into the future, to help slow the spread of the virus.
Stay healthy and stay #GuthrieStrong.