You may see a neurologist for symptoms such as: coordination problems, muscle weakness, confusion, dizziness or headaches. Changes in the senses, such as smell, touch or vision can be treated by a neurologist as well.
A neurologist specializes in the diagnosis and management of diseases that affect the brain, spinal cord, and nerves such as:
- Diseases that affect the vessels that circulate blood in the brain (cerebrovascular disease )
- Diseases that destroy the sheath around nerves of the central nervous system (demyelinating) such as multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Infections of the brain or nervous system
- Movement disorders such as Parkinson’s disease
- Degenerative disorders of the nervous system such as Alzheimer's disease and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)
- Seizure disorders such as epilepsy
- Spinal cord disorders
- Speech and language disorders
- Sleep disorders
We use state-of-the-art imaging to diagnose issues affecting the nervous system. Our neurology and neurosurgery teams work closely together with other specialists to deliver a comprehensive treatment plan for you.
Accredited Stroke Program
We have a comprehensive program for treatment and recovery from stroke with a team that includes cardiology, neurosciences and rehabilitation specialists.